I am EchoStenger.com
Follow Echoia on Twitter! Follow Echoia on Facebook! Follow Echoia on Instagram! Echoia.com - Illustration and Design Portfolio Watch Echo on  YouTube! Echoia on Pinterest!

Valentine’s Hershey Kiss Boxes – Silhouette Cameo Freebie

Written by Echo Stenger on January 17th, 2016 at 8:15 am

Filed under: Adobe Illustrator,Freebies,Silhouette Cameo Tags: , , , , , | 12 Comments

Do you know what today is?

Are you excited?

You should be. I know I am.

Boxes with Kisses on Cake StandFW

You still don’t know? It’s Silhouette Sunday!

This week I’m sharing a free cut file of one of my favorite projects to date.

I wanted to do something special for my sweet son’s adorable Kindergarten class. I wanted something that would make each child feel special but that wouldn’t break the bank.

For $2 worth of Hershey’s Kisses, 5 sheets of 65lb cardstock and pennies in ink I came up with these adorable, personalizable gable boxes that I designed from bottom to top all on my own specifically for Hershey’s Kisses.

I am very pleased with these.

BoxesShowingOffWindowfw

So here’s the deal. The graphics themselves are not vector. Only the cut lines are scalable- so you can use this to cut out from any size paper you can cut. The free download will let you make the boxes in this size, in these four colors. These are exclusively distributed for personal use, so that you can make your special someones, and their special someones, Valentines.

You cannot use them to promote your business in any way.

If you need them for commercial use, or if you would like to scale up the cut and make bigger boxes, you can download the transparent .png files from Echoia Design on Etsy.

But, Echo, how do we use it?

The download available here is ready to go. It has each color of box, lined up with the cuts. You will print, with registration marks enabled, then send it through your Silhouette for a cut. It is set up to cut 4, one of each color, from a piece of paper 11″x8.5″. You can add names to the blank space under the ‘storefront window’, just make sure that your cut marks are turned OFF on those names! That would be a typical Echoey mistake if ever there was one ; )

SilStudioScreenCap

This cut makes use of Score Lines. These cuts do not go all the way through your page but simply mark folds, and make the folding easier. After your Silhouette machine cuts out the edges of the boxes, it will pause. You will remove your blade from the machine, back it down to a 1-2 (depending on your material and blade sharpness) and then continue. Do not unload your mat until after this second set of cuts is complete!

You will fold along all score lines (carefully, these are tiny, delicate boxes!), then attach the back to the side by overlapping and either taping or gluing shut. Fold the bottom by folding in the flap under front, both sides, then the back will side under the front.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via Facebook or Twitter. I am always willing to help with my files, or any other files, in any way I can as long as I can.

Good luck, and happy cutting!

Download: ValentinesGableBox.studio3

Download: ValentinesGableBox.zip

These files are provided for personal use only and are not to be redistributed without express  permission from Echo S., Echoia.com & EchoStenger.com.

Username:

12 Responses to Valentine’s Hershey Kiss Boxes – Silhouette Cameo Freebie

1. Teena says:
    Thank you so much for this awesome cut file!!! You are so generous and talented!!!
  2. Kathy says:
    Thank you!!
  3. Mayra says:
    Thank you so much for this adorable free file, I will be giving them away to my little ones kindergarten as well.
  4. Darlene says:
    Thank you for sharing this!! 🙂
  5. Kelly says:
    These are precious.
  6. Brenda Santelli says:
    Thanks for being so generous with the file! It’s adorable!
  7. Joanne Saurette says:
    Thank you so much for this file. Can you please tell me how you got the names on the boxes. I can print them on but then they want to cut out. I know you have these in layers but for the life of me, I can’t get it to not cut the names out. Thanks for your help. Joanne
  8. Joanne Saurette says:
    Oh dear, I must be tired, it just donned on me that all I had to do was remove the names before I cut!! I answered my own question. Thanks, I love it!!!
    • Echo Stenger says:
      I do this all of the time! What you can do, though, is select each name and in the advanced cut settings choose no-cut with just the names selected.

This is off the top of my head, but I think it’s the way : )

9. tanya Jaramillo says:
    thank you!!!
  10. Noreen says:
    Hi there Echo, when I click in the link and download – it appears as a .txt file and not a .studio file. Why is this so?
    • Echo Stenger says:
      Hi, Noreen! I’ve e-mailed you : )

For anyone else also having trouble, please let me know!

Recently

About EchoStenger.com

EchoStenger.com began in early 2013 as a side project of Echoia.com. Namely, Echoia Photography. Wanting to expand to include more varied content, it seemed only appropriate to change the site's title.

It currently is an outlet for many of my interests and passions. I share my work in and write tutorials for Adobe Illustrator, review products (mostly purchased by me), experiment with my Silhouette Cameo machine (hashtag vector in flesh!), share my day-to-day and still post photographs on a regular basis.

Thank you for visiting and coming along with me as I grow and seek out beauty in everything.

I am a Christian mom, girlfriend, dog-mom, cat-mom and pseudo step-mom. I take up hobbies faster than I can put them back down. I am from Texas, but currently reside in Utah.

I. Love. Air conditioning.

Fiona Apple.

Angel : My seraph son. I’ll likely speak of nothing and no one so much. Born October 2009. He likes the color orange blue and almost anything Marvel.

Veda : Black. Lab-like. Born Summer 2008. A life changer. Full name and title: Princess Darth Veda Jane Sultanfuss Stenger. Usually just Veda/Veda Jane when she’s bad. Also ‘Monster’. In your way? Just say, 'Scoot, Veda.'

Trinity : Rescued from the pound about 9 weeks of age, Summer 2009. I call her ‘Wiggle Bottoms’, 'Dummy' (lovingly, of course) or ‘Little Bit’. Big time cuddler.

Li : Dog cat. Scarier than both the dogs put together.

influnenster-EchoBlogList.me